'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Tuesday, February 10, 2004


About a Six or Seven on the Squirm-o-meter


There's a pretty good episode of Scottie & Me today:


Russell: You said last year that you spoke with the Vice President's Chief of Staff, Scooter Libby, and that he was not the leaker and he did not authorize the leaks. Do you stand by that statement?

Scottie: Russell, we've addressed all of these issues previously. There is now an ongoing investigation. And I think if you have questions relating to the investigation, I would suggest you address those questions to the Department of Justice. Like I said, if there is information that they feel is helpful to share publically, I'm sure they will.

Russell: The Vice President took Supreme Court Justice Scalia on a duck hunting trip to Louisiana while the Vice President had a case pending before the Supreme Court. Does the President see this as appropriate behavior - taking a Supreme Court Justice on a duck hunting trip while he has a case pending - and does he believe that Justice Scalia should recuse himself from that energy task force case?

Scottie: I think you need to direct those questions to the Vice President's office -

Russell: I was asking about the President's view -

Scottie: I'm not familiar with the specifics.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?