'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Chalabi Says He Has the Votes, and If There's One Person You Can Trust... 


Well, last week Hussein al-Mousawi, a spokesman for the Shiite Political Council, told the AP that Chalabi has in the bag about 80 of the 140 alliance members taking part in the National Assembly (and also that the humble Mr. Chalabi didn't even want to run, I kid you not; here's the full quote: "Chalabi didn't want to nominate himself in the first place but under pressures from the majority of the Alliance he decided to nominate himself" -- Chalabi? Political office in Iraq? A shy guy like Ahmed? -- but I digress...).

Today, we got a similar claim from the man himself ... Chalabi told Stephanopoulos on ABC's This Week: "I believe I have a majority of the votes on my side right now."

Also ... a picture of some Chalabiacs.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?