'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

NavBar Wars 

(People without Blogger blogs can ignore this post)

Hey I just updated to the New Blogger because I was tired of the nagging. It went fine ... except when you do it, Google will dynamically stick code for the stupid NavBar into the HTML of your blog, and the old trick for getting rid of it doesn't work anymore.

A quick Technorati search led to lots of posts like this discussing how to get rid of the NavBar. You have to insert a item like the following into your style sheet:

#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; }

So I did that. It partially worked but there was still this blank space at the top of my blog that no one seemed to be talking about. The blank space really was just as annoying as the NavBar. Anyway, if anyone cares, to get rid of the blank space you also have to add

div#space-for-ie { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }

analogously to the above. Hope this helps someone.

Anyway, so what's so great about the New Blogger? ... so far the only thing I've noticed is the WYSIWYG post editor, which, you know, I'm not using as I write this...

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?