'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Friday, May 11, 2007

Hey, Has Anyone Else Noticed That Blogs Suck Lately? 

I've been thinking about blogging and the fact that I don't post as often as I used to and so forth and have come to the conclusion that part of the problem is beyond my control. To post a lot you have to read a lot of blogs, and political blogs just aren't that interesting anymore.

When I started this blog in 2003 the only hard left blog that I knew about was Left I on the News. There are a few more now, but the fact remains that even if one wants to run a leftist blog one ends up having to read a lot of liberal blogs -- which had been fine, there are many great liberal bloggers out there (I think reading Atrios was what got me interested in blogging in the first place), but since the 2006 elections or since Billmon called it quits or since something, I find the big liberal blogs boring as all hell.

The novelty factor, the faddish quality, has worn off of political blogging. Everybody is dropping out and the only people left are the big partisan Democratic blogs which are becoming increasingly interchangeable: they are all turning into group blogs with lots of long content-free posts about the same topics. Seriously I was never a big fan of DailyKos but am I crazy or has that place become unreadable?

Anyway, enough whining ... I need some new blogs to read. Which political blogs do people read and enjoy -- leftist, liberal, or otherwise?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?