'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

BOOK REVIEW: I Went for a Walk 

If you have read this blog, since I started posting here in April 2005, you probably, and with good reason, believe that I am a cantankerous curmudgeon. It is hard to avoid coming across that way when events don't seem to be moving the world in a direction that you consider ideal.

In fact, I can be a pretty warm, gregarious person, especially now that I get to go out into the community with my nearly 8 month old son to children's events like book readings and musical events, not to mention just plain old stroller rides. Now, I have the opportunity to put my counterculture knowledge to good use, finding delightful books, CDs and toys outside the mainstream for him.

Here's a good example, something that I suspect playful adults will enjoy as well, a YouTube video of the children's book, I Went for a Walk, by the husband and wife team of Shanti Wintergate and Gregory Attonito:

Yet another instance of how things created for children serve the not so secret purpose of allowing us adults to have fun as well.

Labels: , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?