'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Silly Me 

Yes, Lucy pulled away the football at the last minute, and I fell on my ass today. To think that I was silly enough to believe that the corporate and political establishment of this country would permit an antiwar candidate, no matter how pallid, no matter how willing to finance it after the fact, to be the nominee of either of the two major parties. To think that they would permit a nominee that actually energizes people around any issue other than the perpetuation of the existing neoliberal order. I'm frequently told that yogurt is good for the brain development of my young infant son. I'm hoping that it still has some residual benefit for a 47 year old man like me.

Labels: , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?