'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Friday, August 15, 2008

The PBS Washing Machine 

Is it just me, or do a lot of thuggish leaders allied with the US get sanitized for an American audience by appearing on The Charlie Rose Show? Consider this convivial interview of Saakashvili by Rose in 2004:

Back in the day, the US government actually paid journalists to disseminate this kind of propaganda. In the postmodern world of the present, the journalists enthusiastically volunteer to do it. Of course, silly me, I forgot that Saakashvili agreed to participate in the invasion of Iraq as one of the coalition of the willing. Someone remind me, the reason that we support PBS is . . . ? I guess it's because my 16 month old son likes Clifford.

Labels: , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?