'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Monday, November 03, 2008

Oh, I forgot, the election . . . . 

For my perspective about Barack Obama, click on the Barack Obama label at the bottom to see a lengthy group of posts on the subject, and I would especially recommend one that I posted on October 29th, The Neoliberalism of Barack Obama and an earlier one from July 10th, Election Ennui. For one of the most recent progressive statements in support of Obama, read this piece by John Nichols in The Nation or the comments of Slave Revolt, such as this this one and this one in response to my post last week, The Obama Cult. Personally, I think Slave Revolt is a better advocate than Nichols.

If you live in California, don't forget to vote NO on Proposition 8 to preserve the marital rights of gays and lesbians. Even an anarchist can vote on initiative measures that don't involve elective office, or, at least, I think that some anarchists say so. Certainly, Murray Bookchin would have thought so.

Labels: , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?