'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Decade of Darkness 

As some of you have already noticed, I am posting links to articles that I consider to be especially informative about the global economic crisis to supplement my periodic posts on the subject. This one, by Mike Whitney, is a must read, an excellent analysis of a catastrophically failed governmental response, and the dire consequences that will inevitably ensue. Attentive readers of the last paragraph will recognize that Whitney undoubtedly read the naked capitalism post that I linked here on Tuesday.

In the past, I have tried to keep the number of these sorts of posts to a minimum, because I believe that I should provide an original perspective to readers of this blog, something beyond just referring people elsewhere. After all, portals do that. But the issues associated with this economic collapse are so important, so integral to our lives, and so poorly presented in the commercial media, that I consider it essential that we familiarize ourselves with the invaluable work of people like Whitney, Michael Hudson, Calculated Risk and Mr. Mortgage, among others. Of course, you can visit the sites where they post their work as I do, and I strongly recommend it. Hudson and Whitney can be frequently encountered at Counterpunch. Calculated Risk also has links to numerous other sources of information about the crisis.

But, never fear, I will continue to post my own opinions, as I did yesterday.

Labels: , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?