'Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.' -- Eugene V. Debs

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Silver Medal in Obama Sycophancy 

Interesting that the author justifies Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by saying that as all the other previous recipients haven't achieved world peace, either, they must all be failures as well. Leaving aside that many past recipients have a documented history of violence as bad as Obama's, I was ecstatic to read this, because, as many of you already know, I have already launched my campaign for a Nobel Prize in Literature even though I have never published anything.

If Obama is entitled to receive a Nobel Peace Prize, despite having done nothing in the pursuit of peace, I believe that I am equally, if not more, deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize for Literature. For those of you who are interested in supporting me, it appears that not just anyone can nominate someone for the Prize:

Qualified Nominators

The right to submit proposals for the Nobel Prize in Literature shall, by statute, be enjoyed by:

1. Members of the Swedish Academy and of other academies, institutions and societies which are similar to it in construction and purpose;

2. Professors of literature and of linguistics at universities and university colleges;

3. Previous Nobel Prize Laureates in Literature;

4. Presidents of those societies of authors that are representative of the literary production in their respective countries.

My suggestion is that we start with the literature and linguistics faculty at UC Berkeley and Stanford, maybe we can persuade one of them to nominate me. I'm not certain that the Nobel Committee gives much credence to the departments at my alma mater, UC Davis. For those of you on the East Coast, you might try faculty at schools like Harvard, Yale, Duke and Columbia. Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts with any previous Nobel Prize Laureates in Literature. But, if you do, let me know how to get in contact with them. No stone must be left unturned.

Labels: , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?